Prayer and Change

Lately, I've heard messages and have been reminded of several things in a variety of different ways. A couple of those things would be prayer and change. Recently I've heard sermons on each of these. This, of course, could only be products of the new year. But I feel like God is bringing these to the front of my mind for a reason.

As Christians, we believe in prayer - at least on paper, that is. In reality, very few of us truly spend intimate and intense time in prayer with our creator. In James, we read that we should pray, and that prayer is a powerful tool. What's the point of putting a tool in our "tool box of beliefs" if we don't use it? For me, prayer is a big part of my life, but I see that I need to improve as well. I plan to make a better effort to keep a prayer list and have prayer topics, as well as being consistent in my prayer life. I encourage all believers to pick up their cross and do whatever it takes to constantly be in contact with their creator. That is one of the reasons for Jesus' sacrifice, right? To reconnect us to the Father?

The big topic near new years is change. We can have many goals to change things both secular and spiritual. As disciples of Jesus, we should constantly be open to change. God says that the work He has started in us, He is faithful to complete. This implies that their is a continuous work and change going on. We should also want to grow in Christ similar to how we grow physically. The Holy Spirit also works to make us more like the life God has for us. In order to get to this point, there always has to be change to take place. Not only do we need to allow change and allow God to work in us, but we also have to work to stay in the life that He gives us and transfroms us into.

Comments